THE GALACTIC ZOOKEEPER'S GUIDE TO HEISTS AND HUSBANDRY Blog Tour Assets
I am thrilled to be hosting a spot on the THE GALACTIC ZOOKEEPER'S GUIDE TO HEISTS AND HUSBANDRY by A.C. Huntley Blog Tour hosted by Rockstar Book Tours. Check out my post and make sure to enter the giveaway!
About The Book:
Title: THE GALACTIC ZOOKEEPER'S GUIDE TO HEISTS AND HUSBANDRY
Author: A.C. Huntley
Pub. Date: June 1, 2023
Publisher: Bena House
Formats: Paperback, eBook
Find it: Goodreads, https://books2read.com/THE-GALACTIC-ZOOKEEPERS-GUIDE-TO-HEISTS-AND-HUSBANDRY
For eight years, Saffron Savage has been stuck on a dilapidated zoo-planet on the outskirts of the galaxy. Her mountains of overdue student loans make it impossible to afford the cost of leaving, and her sleazy coworkers force her to work demoralizing jobs on a daily basis. Desperate to escape, she hatches a scheme that might just be crazy enough to work: steal the zoo's rare, two-headed llama and sell it to the highest bidder.
When the poorly planned theft lands Saffron and her stolen companion as unwitting stowaways on an outbound ship, she must pose as an animal rights activist on a mission to return the animal to its home planet. To her surprise, the ride comes with some perks - an instant chemistry with Captain Michael Reyes and burgeoning friendships with the ship's motley, animal-loving crew. Other than the lie that's snowballing out of control, Saffron finds herself settling into this quirky, ship-bound life.
If only the buyer wasn't the most notorious, cut-throat mob boss in the galaxy. Or there wasn't a warrant out for her arrest.
The Galactic Zookeeper's Guide to Heists and Husbandry is a fast-paced space romp about second chances, rediscovering purpose, and finding family in unexpected places.
Five of my favorite sci fi authors:
I’m going to preface this list by saying there are so many more authors that I truly adore but could not fit on this list. As an avid reader of all things sci-fi, it hurt to have to cut down the list to just five!
5. Anything written by Kim Stanley Robinson. His novels are hard sci-fi and tackle very real issues through the lens of fiction. Truly, all of his fiction is fantastic, and I’m having a hard time picking out just one to recommend. My top three are Ministry for the Future, Red Mars, and Aurora. I find that his books still occupy shelf space in my mind, even years after I’ve read them.
4. Tamsyn Muir, and specifically her novel, Gideon the Ninth. This novel has goth vibes (necromancy!) in space. The protagonist is a no-bars-held, unapologetic and sloppy (female) warrior who has some personal problems to sort through as she guards the heir to their family’s necromancy throne. I loved this protagonist – and setting - so much!
3. Nnedi Okorafor. Gosh, is there anything that woman can’t do flawlessly? This is another author where it’s tough to pick just one, but I’ll narrow it down to my top two: Remote Control and Binti are both excellent. Her novels fall under africanfuturism and feature strong female protagonists. Her prose is direct and powerful – a true delight to read.
2. Ann Leckie, and specifically her Ancillary Justice series. These novels did a wonderful job of getting into the mind of a ship’s ancillary – a physical, humanoid body implanted with a computer chip synchronized with the ship’s AI. This is a ground-breaking read.
1. Douglas Adams. One of my favorite books of all time is The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. He’s nailed the perfect mixture of unique worldbuilding and flippant humor!
About A.C. Huntley:
Ace is a creative artist who authors science fiction novels, paints impressionist art, and dabbles in film. She lives in suburbia with her husband and child where she dreams of adding a dog, a few cats, a snake, a bat-house, and some chickens to the family.
Find A.C.- https://linktr.ee/theaceofhuntley
1 winner will receive a $10 Amazon Gift Card, International.
Ends June 20th, midnight EST.
5/22/2023 #BRVL Book Review Virginia Lee Blog
5/23/2023 The Reading Life
5/24/2023 Two Chicks on Books
5/25/2023 Cara North
Guest Post/IG Post
5/26/2023 Sadie's Spotlight
5/27/2023 Fire and Ice
5/28/2023 A Dream Within A Dream
5/29/2023 The Momma Spot
5/30/2023 Rajiv's Reviews
IG Review/Tik Tok Post
6/1/2023 A Blue Box Full of Books
IG Review/LFL Drop Pic/TikTok Post
6/2/2023 Confessions of the Perfect Mom
IG Review/Tik Tok Post
6/8/2023 Country Mamas With Kids
6/9/2023 Two Points of Interest
6/12/2023 Brandi Danielle Davis
IG Review/Tik Tok Post
6/13/2023 Kim's Book Reviews and Writing Aha's
6/16/2023 The Chirpy Bookaholic